Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Unhappy Cendrawasih Folklore from papua


Mr and Mrs Brown bird lived in a jungle in papua. Mr Brown always complained about his feathers. He thought he were ugly. He was jealous with his friend, Mr Green bird. “I want to have beautiful feathers like Mr Green bird. His feathers are not brown like mine. They are very beautiful,” said Mr Brown bird to his wife.
“Honey, you have to be grateful with your feathers. With feathers like this, humans are not interested in us. So they will not hunt us,” said Mr Brown bird. Mr Brown bird then went to the God of the jungle. “I want to beautiful feathers like Mr Green bird’s feathers,” said Mr Brown bird. “Don’t worry. I can make your wish comes true. Just choose one color.” “Hmm I don’t know. How about red? Yellow? Green? I’m confused.” The God of jungle was upset.” Choose now!” Mr Brown bird then looks up to the sky. He had an idea. “Aha! I know which color to choose. I don’t want one color of my feathers. I want many colors. I want my feathers to be colorful like the rainbow in the sky.” Not longer after that, Mr Brown bird’s feathers were colorful.
When he went home, his wife did not recognize him. “Honey, it’s me. I’m your husband.” “No, my husband is not like you! His feathers are brown!” said Mrs brown bird. Mr Brown bird tried very hard to convince his wife realized that he was really her husband. “You are very stupid, my husband. With color like these, humans will hunt you. What if thy also take our children? Now, please go away! Our lives are in danger if you are still here,” said Mrs Brown bird. She is crying. Mr Brown bird was very sad. He thought he just made a very big mistake. He then left his house. His name changed into Cendrawasih. It meant a bird of paradise.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Pages

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Ads 468x60px

Followers

Featured Posts